5 Pinoy Herb Ingredients you can use in Cooking Adobo.
Adobo, labeled the “national dish of the Philippines” is cooked by braising the meat in a mixture of vinegar, soy sauce and herbs until it is tender.
These are the five (5) common Pinoy herbs ingredients in cooking adobo:
- Garlic is one of the most commonly used ingredients in cooking.
2. Onion- like garlic it is also one of the most common ingredients in cooking Adobo and other dishes.
3. Ginger with onions and garlic. This three are the first to be sautéed in the heating pan.
4. Black peppercorn, commonly known as “pepper,” is an essential ingredient not only in adobo, but in countless other dishes.
5. The role of bay leaves in adobo is to enhance the aroma. It actually plays a big part in adobo’s popularity, the resulting smell of bay leaves with the other ingredients creates a very inviting smell.
There are different variations in cooking this dish. The Philippines is composed of around 7,107 islands and cooking pork adobo (or adobo in general) can be different in each place.
How about you, do you have any ingredients you want to share?